Psalm 121:1-2

"I lift my eyes up to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2



Thursday, April 23, 2009

Delicious Bran Muffins

A couple of people have been asking me to blog the Bran Muffin recipe.
So here it is. Love, Lily



Bran Muffins 375*
25-30 mins.



1 15 oz. box Raisin Bran
3 C. sugar
5 C. flour
5 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. salt
4 beaten eggs (not substitute)
1 C. melted Crisco, cooled
1 qt. buttermilk

In a very large bowl, mix bran, sugar, flour,
baking soda, and salt. Add eggs, cooled Crisco, and buttermilk.
Mix well. Let sit in fridge for 3-4 days, covered, before making the 1st batch. I fill my muffin cups 3/4 full or more for jumbo muffins. Do not stir the batter each time you make a batch. This is a great recipe because you can make a few or a dozen...whatever you need at that time because the batter lasts up to six weeks in the fridge.

Lily

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...I can't wait to try this one. I love that you can keep the batter in the fridge for so long. Thanks Lily!
Miss Jennifer