We had a busy week full of activities...
On Tuesday we worked at the Food Bank in the morning and then served food to blood donors at the blood drive at our church all afternoon. It was actually a big job as we not only had to serve the food and keep their cups filled, but had to be on the lookout for pale faces, blue lips or anyone just not looking "well". Fortunately no one passed out...it did bring back a few memories of the last time I donated blood. (Actually, the only time.) After the ordeal was over, the nurse told me, "please, don't ever come back." She was serious too! I'm more work than I'm worth in that situation and as I told donors who asked if I was going to donate, "No, I think I do better to fill this position instead!"
Wednesday, after school in the morning, the girls and I went to Salina to visit the library and buy some summer clothes! We seem to have skipped spring...it was 87* here today!
Lily had two babysitting jobs this week and is loving it!
Thursday night was Lily's spring orchestra recital and it was a great concert. Today, we went downtown at noon to celebrate Arbor Day with some city officials. It's tradition to have 5th graders enter a poster contest for Arbor Day. One of the men on the tree committee goes to our church and was sure to let us homeschoolers know about the contest. Lily happened to win for the homeschoolers. (Yes, there were only two entries...) She received a certificate AND was given a small oak tree to plant in the yard. We were proud of her as drawing is not her "thing" but she gave it her best shot and I think she surprised herself.
Tim planted the tree after we returned home. This afternoon, Lily and I helped decorate for her final dance recital on Sunday afternoon at the high school.
Tomorrow is National Scrapbook Day, so you know what I'll be doing! I don't have the time, but I think after the past few weeks it might be good for me to do something different for a few hours.
I'll post soon about a new adventure coming for me next weekend. Until then...
1 comment:
I ck this blog on a daily basis and there are times I have trouble reading the article because I cannot get past the pictures, Lily with the little chick is beautiful, now here is another outstanding photo - beautiful girl and such a cute guy. I did infact read the article, I'm with you Jen, the blood drive is not my idea of a place to volunteer. Someone recently told me that "homeschooled kids" miss out on alot of activities and socializing with other kids - so I promtly opened this blog and let them read a few articles - the comment I got was "How does Jennifer get it all done?" Anyway, loved the article, loved all the pictures and once again I thank you
Post a Comment