Psalm 121:1-2

"I lift my eyes up to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2



Wednesday, April 15, 2009


Yesterday the girls and I enjoyed the morning at a farm just outside of town. The weather was perfect. You may remember me getting eggs from a lady at church on a regular basis soon after we moved here. This couple mainly raises chickens and have about 50 chicks right now that she thought the girls would enjoy seeing. Lily spent a lot of time holding them. Gracie tried it but got scratched and decided that was enough. She chose to play with their new puppies instead. They are chocolate labs and are huge! They were fun though and they loved the attention. Mrs. Williams took us for a tractor ride and taught us all about the different trees and plants on their property. They have one of those storm shelters that you often see that's just a big mound of earth and doesn't always have a noticeable entrance. These intrigue me so I asked if we could go in. You can actually enter it from their back porch. They have it stocked with everything you might need for about three days in case everything above ground is gone. (They even have a mini port-a-potty.)
It was a fun morning and we came home with some canned peaches and pears from her pantry. Last night we were all working/playing in the yard and Lily said, "I think I'd like to live on a farm like that. It's not too much, it's just enough." I agreed with her.

No comments: