Psalm 121:1-2

"I lift my eyes up to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2



Thursday, December 04, 2008

Such a deal!


Thought I'd tell you the story behind the Christmas tree that we are putting up this year. It's about 6 feet tall, fairly wide and in great shape. About 4 years ago, while we were living in Florida, Tim and the girls and I went for a walk in our neighborhood one evening. As we started down one street, I noticed a large box at the end of one driveway. (It was the night before trash day.) Anyway, as we got closer, I couldn't help but notice that it was an artificial tree, neatly packed into this box. Clearly, it was being thrown out. I asked Tim if he would mind coming back with the van so I could put it together at home and possibly use it. He replied, "yes, I would mind." I waited a moment and ventured to say, "would you be willing to come back for it under the cover of darkness?" "Maybe," he said. Anyway, later that night, I was assembling the tree on our screened in porch. :) Tim mentioned that IF all the pieces were there, that it would still be too tall for our low ceilings. I told him it was worth the risk...certainly someone could use it if we couldn't!
Well, all the pieces were there and it was a good looking tree. It was too big for our house, so I asked my parents if they'd like it. They agreed and took it home. When they moved to New Hampshire from Florida in 2007, they of course took the tree. Last year they put it up in their home. Last January, when my parents came out for a visit, they brought the tree in that original box out to Kansas and yesterday, the girls and I pulled it out and put it together. Our ceilings here are much taller, so we can finally use it! This tree has actually covered quite a few miles in it's lifetime! I'll post a picture of it after I get it decorated.

1 comment:

omi said...

I love the story of the traveling Chritma tree, cannot wait until you post if decorated, love you all