My parents arrived yesterday afternoon for a visit! They began their drive on November 29th and arrived at my sister's house on the 30th. They enjoyed several days with Julie and her family. They will be here until Monday or Tuesday when they will hit the road again and drive to central Illinois to be with my brother and his family. Next Saturday morning they will begin their drive back to New Hampshire. It's quite a trip and a lot of miles to cover but we are thankful that they make the effort and are able to share the time with us.
Today, we went to Salina and did a bit of shopping. Tonight we went to see the huge light display at the city park. It's quite impressive for a small town.
Our christmas tree has lights on it but that's as far as I got! Oh well, it's not going anywhere...I'll get to it soon!
1 comment:
I have had fun catchin up with you all tonight. We just returned from our 2 week visit to Florida. It honestly didn't feel like Thanksgiving because the weather wasn't right...or at least not to what we have grown use to. It was beautiful, sunny, and warm! Leesburg has grown up so much in the years since we have been gone. For the first time, it didn't feel much like home anymore. That's a bitter-sweet thing.
Tell Lily we said Happy Birthday! We love to watch I Love Lucy also...one of our favorites!
Jennifer
Post a Comment