Psalm 121:1-2

"I lift my eyes up to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2



Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Introducing...

I was thrilled when Tim called from the Youth Pastor's Conference a few weeks ago and mentioned that Compassion, a world relief organization, was there with a booth and would I like him to pick out a child for us to sponsor as a family! This is something that I've been wanting to do for a very long time, so of course my answer was "yes"!
Tim chose Blanca, a five year old from Nicaragua. She had been waiting for a sponsor for over 7 months. She is a cutie! We are planning to write her our first letter today to introduce her to our family.
Compassion helps provide food, clothing, medical attention and education for children whose parents are unable to meet their needs. Some of the children are orphans. Regardless, they are also given the opportunity to attend Bible classes and learn more about the love of Jesus.
I'll warn you...when you go to the site and see these precious children...it's tough to turn away...

www.compassion.com

No comments: