Psalm 121:1-2

"I lift my eyes up to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2



Monday, December 01, 2008

EWWWW!

While we were away, Lily and Gracie both came down with bad coughs. Not much we could do, just one of those things that has to run its course. Anyway, I did a poor job of packing for our trip. I forgot my toothbrush, Gracie's toothbrush, shampoo and conditioner, and my white turtleneck! Anyway, I had gone to the store to buy what we needed and went on with business as usual. I have the girls and myself use those little toothbrush tubes to keep the toothbrushes in when we travel. When we get home I actually sterilize them so they're ready for the next trip! If any of you have ever thought I am a germophobic, I'm really not...just cautious! Back to the story, when I was tucking Lily into bed one night at my sister's house, I noticed a toothbrush on her backpack...and thought, how gross, why would you put your toothbrush there? I chastised her and suggested she get it where it belonged! She then answered, "Mom, that's not mine...I don't know who it belongs to. It looks brand new!" "Oh", I said. As I left the room, I realized with horror, that it was MY toothbrush! I had in actuality used Lily's that day, because it looks just like mine at home AND it was in the bathroom in the little tube right where is was supposed to be! Hasn't dark purple been my tube in the past? You should know that at that exact point Lily was having her worst day of the cough...sort of a sore throat, achy, and that gross, phlegmy cough that busts out of you sometimes without notice!! I just knew I would wake up feeling horrible! I gargled before I went to bed, but didn't tell anyone about my little mix-up!! Oddly enough, I never caught her cough!

No comments: