I hope all of you had a Happy Thanksgiving! We returned last night from Illinois where we spent the holiday with my sister and her family. Last Monday morning, the girls and I drove to Kansas City to pick up Tim at the airport who had been at the Youth Pastor's Conference in Nashville. We then drove on to Bloomington, IL to spend the night with my brother and his family. It was great to see them even though it was a short visit. On Tuesday, we drove two hours north to my sister's house. We stayed there until Saturday morning. We had a great time just being together and of course, eating. We were able to get some shopping done too!
Today, sweet Lily turned 11! My Baby! We had a fun day together. Tim was still officially on vacation, so he didn't have youth group, etc. So, we went to Salina (that's where we go go to shop or eat out etc.). Lily also had a piano recital late this afternoon. (She thought her teacher had a lot of nerve to schedule it on such a sacred day!!) Anyway, she did very well! Afterwards, we came home and had cake and ice cream and opened presents. We played Apples to Apples while we ate...this was one of Lily's gifts. Then, we watched two episodes of "I Love Lucy". Lily got the whole first season on DVD...much to her (and Gracie's) delight!
Well, tomorrow is December 1st and I reallyhope to write more often and focus on some special things during the Christmas season. Thanks so much for checking in and not giving up when I was "absent"!
No comments:
Post a Comment