Psalm 121:1-2

"I lift my eyes up to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2



Saturday, September 27, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Can you believe I've gone four days without blogging? :) I have a really good reason though, so I'll explain it to you...
Today is my Dad's 70th birthday and I am here with him in New Hampshire! On Thursday, my sister and I both flew in and with the help of Mom, managed to surprise my Dad! That really was our main goal...to surprise the man who loves to surprise others! We arrived Thursday night at about 10:45 and caught him in his p.j.'s! He was quite surprised and thrilled to have us here for a long weekend. We spent a fun day yesterday with my grandparents. They live only about 20 minutes from my parent's home now and we went to a Dr.'s appointment with them and then out to lunch. A treat for all of us! Today, we went to my Dad's football game. This is his second year coaching 5th graders in the town league. He does a great job and it was fun to see him in action. We did a little shopping after lunch and are now home lounging. We plan to go out for dinner tonight. I am so thrilled that this worked out and that we can be together! I am especially thankful for Tim who is willing to hold down the fort for the weekend so I could be here! He really is terrific!

No comments: