Psalm 121:1-2

"I lift my eyes up to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2



Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"Re-Entry"

I returned home yesterday late afternoon after an uneventful day of travel. (Isn't that the best kind?!) Oddly enough, the man who sat next to me on my second flight on Thursday evening sat in front of me on my 7am flight yesterday. He immediately asked if we were able to indeed surprise my Dad! We visited for a minute and then went our separate ways. He lives in Des Moines, Iowa and still has a shorter drive home from the airport than me!
Everything seemed in good order when I returned home. I'd been home a short time when what I'd suspected to be possible was true. Most all of the food that I'd left for lunches and dinners was still where I'd left it. Lily reported that they'd eaten hot dogs, mac and cheese, and pizza twice. No big deal...I can load on the fruits and veggies this week...Tim did make a casual comment that they "just, well...we ate a lot of cereal!" Again, no big deal! I did notice that the potted flowers on the front porch had been rather neglected and asked Lily to water them generously. She finished and Gracie decided they needed more. I was not aware that she was using her glass bug collecting jar to water them. I became aware when I heard glass break and shatter on the front sidewalk. I rushed out to keep Gracie from moving...I was in my bare feet. I thought I had every little shard collected but noticed one more piece when I stepped on it. (How did it get way over there?) So, now we have Gracie running inside to get a band aid, and Tim, who had exited the bathroom only to hear all of the ruckus, spraying off my foot with the hose as it was wet and made the blood run even more dramatically down my foot. Lily was not pleased with the situation and Gracie was thrilled to play nurse with me. She does seem to lack that gentle touch we all hope to receive when in someone elses care! Maybe with more practice.
I need to grocery shop, do a bit of cleaning and of course get back to the girls schoolwork. Gracie doesn't want to wear real clothes today... and we need to leave now to pick up Lily from orchestra. Re-entry really hasn't been bad though...and I am so thrilled to have had the opportunity to be with my parents and sister for the weekend...wonderful memories to keep playing over in my mind...

1 comment:

keeper said...

Did NH have any fall leaves showing?

Always takes a day to get back into things - at least what my mom says =)

Glad for a good trip and safe return.