Psalm 121:1-2

"I lift my eyes up to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2



Monday, July 20, 2009

Harvest Time


In Kansas, late June/early July means one thing...wheat harvest. I must say that the line, "amber waves of grain", from the song "America, America", took on new meaning for me after moving here. The fields really do look beautiful when the wheat is ready. Just before we went to Illinois, we were invited by a friend from church to come ride with him in his combine while he harvested his wheat. They live about 15 minutes outside of town. Tim and Gracie and I drove out and received quite an education that evening. It's amazing to learn about all that goes into something we sort of take for granted. (I'm just happy to go to Wal-Mart and buy my box of Wheat Thins.) Anyway, it's quite a process and we enjoyed the experience. There are a few additional pictures at the bottom of the page.

No comments: