Do you ever have those weeks when you feel like a rat on a wheel because there is just so much going on and you're nearly huffing and puffing to keep up? If you do get a minute, and I mean literally a minute to sit still, you realize you don't have a minute and you jump up saying, "I gotta get back on my wheel"!
Yeah, that's where I'm at! I can honestly say I haven't had many weeks like this since moving here either. My whole life has been at a much slower pace and more relaxed and I think that's why this week and last are standing out to me.
They've been good weeks though and I know things will settle down soon. Tim and I had a great time at the music festival. We were able to watch several kids from youth group perform their solos and of course, it was a thrill to watch Lily. Okay, I admit it...I started to tear up watching her sit there playing that song that she had practiced over and over. And, yes, I was blotchy after her performance! (Tim confirmed this for me when I asked him!) Lily earned a score that is comparable to an A-.
The bus ride was fun too. We'd definitely do it again.
This week we're getting ready for International Day with the homeschool group. We're doing it differently this year. Each student is to give an oral report about their country. I'll be sure to blog about it...today after Gracie finished practicing her oral part, she bowed, blew kisses to the crowd, (me and Lily) and then turned a cartwheel before sitting down! This aughta be interesting!
The girls are also in a play on Saturday night at a theatre in a neighboring town. We have dress rehearsal tomorrow. Between the two events I should have some good blogging material!
No comments:
Post a Comment