Good morning! It's Lily.
I am finally blogging about the Hays Music Festival. I will try to give you as much information as I can!
All last week I had been dreading having to go. I did not want to go because I was going to be performing a piano solo. This year was my first year going and I did not know what to expect. I didn't feel very nervous the morning we left, but as it got closer to the time I was going to perform, I was getting more nervous by the minute! Some kids from our Jr. High School asked if they could come and watch me and I said that was fine. Well, they must have told their other friends because after I had warmed up I looked up and about five kids were there to watch me! I memorized my song. It is called " Forest Green." The experience was a lot more exciting than I thought it was. Mom was talking on the phone to someone and was telling them that it is not really a competition, you are really just there to have fun and learn more about what you can do to help improve your skills at learning an instrument. With scoring, everybody starts off with the number 3. From there you either move up or down. I was expecting to see a two on mine, but I got a 1-!
I was very glad! I really did have a better time than I thought I was going to have. When the whole orchestra played our score was a 1, a 1-, and a 2. I didn't think we did that good ,but I guess the judges thought so!
I plan to keep you updated on any other big things that happen in the future!
Lily
1 comment:
Hey Lily,
I want you to know how proud of you I am. I thought you did a great job and think the teacher gave you a great compliment by talking to you as much as she did. And i think that I heard her say you have a real gift for playing the piano.
dad
Post a Comment