I've been mulling over in my head my thoughts about this book and I think I'm ready to "talk". If you're in the process of reading the book...come back to this post later as it may contain spoilers.
While reading abut when Mack, the main character spent time one on one with Jesus, I realized how different my daily existence might be if I lived as though Jesus was right next to me all the time...as in I could see him and audibly hear his voice. Now, the crazy thing is that He IS with me all of the time. There is never a time when he is not with me or doesn't hear the words I say or doesn't know my inward thoughts...in other words...my heart! What an amazing thing! But I often don't live as though my best friend was right beside me and wanting to share in every detail of my life.
When I am with my sister, I basically become her shadow. I love to be with her and love everything about her. Our times together often have large time gaps between them and so I feel as though I must get the most out of every moment when we are together. I follow her wherever she goes...to the kitchen where we prepare food together. To her room where she gets dressed. To the basement to do laundry or other things...and yes, we've been known to be in the bathroom together! Let's face it, sisters see the good, the bad and even the ugly! Anyway, my point is, I don't want her to miss a thing and neither does she. We talk about everything and laugh and sometimes cry but we share it all and THAT'S exactly the sort of relationship Jesus wants with us! Imagine viewing, like Mack did, the stars in the night sky with the One who created them!
I have a Redeemer who created me, knows me and calls me by name! He is always with me and I am HIS! (Isaiah 43:1)
The author of "The Shack" painted that relationship from a perspective I'd not thought about before...and I'd like to make it a more natural part of my days. SO from now on if you see my talking to myself, I'm not...I'm just talking to my best friend, Jesus! : )
Now, I've rambled long enough but still have much to say. Sooooo, I promise I will write again tomorrow about the same topic! Really, I promise...!
No comments:
Post a Comment