Psalm 121:1-2

"I lift my eyes up to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2



Friday, December 26, 2008

A Creature WAS Stirring!

Interesting title, huh? You may be more familiar with the words "NOT a creature was stirring", but unfortunately, in our case this isn't true. We've been warned about this ever since we moved here...to expect mice in the house. It is something that most people seem to have dealt with at one time or another...especially in the colder months.

On Wednesday morning, I discovered the "signs" of a visitor in the drawer under our stove. I believe it's the broiler but that's not something I ever do, so I keep our pots and pans in that drawer. My oven mitts are also there. So, after making this discovery, I called Tim at work so he could pick up some traps before coming home.

Now, I should mention, that I'm really not that freaked out about this...and, my Florida friends, I would MUCH rather deal with a mouse than a lizard!! Not don't be mistaken, I'm not HAPPY about this, but I'm not hyperventilating either!

So, Tim set the trap on Christmas Eve and we went to bed. Christmas morning, Tim and I came downstairs to be sure Santa had visited, turn on the tree lights, turn on Christmas carols and all the other things I like to do...and we decided to check the trap before we called the girls down. Would you believe that ALL the peanut butter was gone and NO mouse! AND, next to the trap was a little pile of poo. I picture a little mouse licking his lips and then sticking out his tongue at the trap setters before scurrying away! Well, as if that wasn't enough, the same thing happened again last night! Tim set two traps...and set it up so the mouse had to climb over one to get to the next with the bait! Unbelievable!

We're going to plan C...I'm not sure what that is...Tim's working on a plan today. Gracie suggested we use her butterfly net...?
I will be sure to keep you posted about the details of the hunt!

No comments: