Psalm 121:1-2

"I lift my eyes up to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2



Monday, November 10, 2008

Several times over the weekend I thought about writing and each time decided that it wouldn't be worth it because all it would have said was, "I have the blahs." It was really bad actually and the funny thing is that I couldn't nail down one solitary reason for my feeling that way. I think it was a combination of things really, that have been on my mind or weighing on my heart lately and they all just piled up! Most people who know me well, know that is NOT the norm for me...even if I have a reason to be in a funky mood...I'm usually not. Anyway, I'm feeling better now. I had a lengthy meeting with God early this morning and poured everything out to Him. I am so glad that He cares about every detail of our lives and is never too busy or stressed to give us His full attention! There is a song that I sing to Gracie at bedtime that I used to sing to Lily too. Sometimes I'm busy teaching the girls something and forget to listen to what I'm saying...the song is based on 1 Peter 5:8 "cast all your cares upon Him, because He cares for you."
The song goes like this,
I cast all my cares upon You,
I lay all of my burdens down at Your feet.
And anytime, that I don't know, what to do,
I will cast all my cares upon You.

No comments: