Things have been quite uneventful around here lately, which is a good thing but sometimes leaves me at a loss for blogging material! Tonight I'll share a few things about the girls and what they've been up to lately.
Gracie
The above picture shows Gracie tackling one of her chores the other morning. She is supposed to fill the bottom drawer of the fridge with water bottles which we keep on the back porch. In her endless effort to make anything she has to do easier, she discovered that she can bring in almost ten water bottles at once IF she is wearing a nightgown! (She's been known to change back into her gown in order to bring the bottles in more quickly!)
The concept of rhyming has recently "clicked" with Gracie and she rhymes words ALL day long. All of our conversations are taking quite a bit longer than normal because after every third word or so, she stops and says, "wait a minute, fry, fly! That rhymes!" If I had a nickel for every time she's said, "wait a minute..." in the past week, I'd be booking flights to come visit each of you! : )
Gracie currently has an unnamed imaginary rabbit. She also has an imaginary dog named Rosebud. They apparently keep her quite busy. She also has a ladybug that she caught the other day in the yard. It's named "Ladybug".
Gracie is at that age that makes me wish I could freeze her and enjoy this phase of her life for a lot longer...except for when we're at the store and she asks me to help her chase Rosebud who jumped out of the cart.
Lily
Lily has recently begun knitting again. She attended a 4-H event last Saturday and one of the activities was knitting. She has started on a project several times but keeps taking out the rows because "they're not perfect". (Poor girl...I wonder where she learned that?)
Lily plays the piano a LOT and I love to listen to her from all over the house. She practices the songs she has to for her lessons and then plays songs from other books she has. She also is faithful to practice her violin and is getting really good!
I think one of her favorite hobbies is baking. She made chocolate chip cookies last week and they were delicious!! She posted the recipe...did you notice an unusual ingredient listed? She learned it from my mom and sister who also make great cookies. She is planning to make oatmeal raisin cookies for Tim for his birthday on Sunday. She made Chicken Pot Pie for dinner the other night and it was also terrific.
Lily recently led a team of friends that participated in a "Walk 4 Life" to support the local pregnancy center. Her team raised over $400 dollars!
The girls have been spending a lot of time outside playing in the yard and playing with Lily's rabbit. It's fun to see them playing together. They wrestle with each other too...which is rather unnerving to watch at times. I usually end up leaving the room offering a prayer of physical protection for them under my breath.
I almost forgot...Gracie has a slightly loose tooth and "can't wait to get money for it!"
No comments:
Post a Comment