Psalm 121:1-2
"I lift my eyes up to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2
Thursday, October 09, 2008
Are you a foot flusher?
I thought you might enjoy this...For several years now, I've been stressing to Gracie about the importance of washing her hands EVERY time after using the toilet. She actually does a pretty good job with this. But it does become a problem when she is simply in a hurry and just doesn't have the time to stop and wash. We sometimes have conversations about why even when she's busy, she must wash her hands. She'll mention that she didn't touch anything except the toilet paper and the sides of the toilet and that wasn't dirty so is it really necessary to wash? "Yes," I answer. "But, Mom, you clean the toilet, so it's clean." "Just wash your hands, Gracie!" So the other day, I heard Gracie in the bathroom. It's just around the corner from the kitchen so I'm able to keep fairly close tabs on her and the various activities she comes up with while in the bathroom. (If she's not already busy that is.) I happen to glance into the bathroom and noticed that she was flushing the toilet with her foot. OK, now, I must admit that I am a foot flusher when I am in a public bathroom. I love the person who invented the touchless flushing system (except for when it malfunctions and flushes before you're finished! That's not fun.) Anyway, the girls were taught early on, whenever possible, flush with your foot! But, I don't ever remember teaching them that this was necessary at HOME! However, as you may know, Gracie often looks at things differently than I do, so I giggled at the sight of her and went back into the kitchen. Moments later, I heard that horrid sound of the toilet seat slamming down onto the bowl. I thought for sure it had shattered! I rushed into the bathroom worried that a finger or hand had been pinched when I see Gracie removing her toes from the toilet lid. She had lowered the lid with it between her toes and had obviously lost her grip. I said, (loudly), "what are you doing, Gracie?" She turned, looked at me, and while brushing her hands off as if to say "that takes care of that", said, "you always tell me we wash every time because our hands touch the toilet, well, I just went, wiped and flushed and never touched the toilet with my hands!" : )
Labels:
Foot Flushing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
hahahaha this story is awesome. i wish i could have known her as she got older - i'm sure she's a blast!
Jen, that is a great story!!!!!
Yes, I am a foot flusher in public but not at home.
Great chuckle just envisioning Gracie with her toes closing the toilet lid. I would never had thought of it - well, maybe when I heard about a girl without arms drive a car with her feet ...
My toes are long and I probably could do it but nahh - I don't want to get my toes 'dirty'. Hands are much easier to keep clean. Oh dear, I am still giggling! She has little girl toes and I am so surprised she didn't get them smashed!
It is a good thing you are keeping these little stories of Gracie. It will be a riot when she gets older!
please keep writing. you are a gifted storyteller. I can just picture Gracie flushing with her toes. LOL!
He-he! I love it! Tom is a foot flusher (yes, even at home! Ugh) and a foot lid closer as well. I'm waiting for the day that TJ or Claira try to mimic this as well.
Thanks for sharing this giggle!
Jennifer
Post a Comment