Psalm 121:1-2

"I lift my eyes up to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2



Wednesday, September 10, 2008

When I began this blog, I knew I didn't want to feel any pressure to post every day or even every other day...but I didn't intend to go four days between writings either! I'm so glad to know some of you have continued to check in and even missed me!
So, we're planning to have a garage sale this Friday...the weather forecast does not look too promising though. This was originally Lily's idea. Her piggy bank was getting a little "low" so she started looking for things she could sell. We now have an area on the back porch covered with sale items...so I do hope the weather holds off! Tomorrow we plan to do the final pricing of items. I'll give an update after Friday. (or Saturday as that is the rain date.)
The small group went really well on Sunday! Thanks for your prayers! Eleven girls came and I think they're all going to continue. I really enjoyed it and I think they will more as they get more comfortable and relax. I'll continue to keep you posted on that as well.
Here's an exciting tidbit...and I know some of you are really going to enjoy this one...we bought a half a pig. Yes, you read that right. That's not unusual news out here on the prairie...last year we bought a half a cow...this year we went for the pig. Tim could give you many more details than I can...I prefer to just see the final product in the freezer. He and a friend went to the county fair last month. It's always held here in Beloit. Anyway, he and his friend, Ken, bid on a pig and we split the cost and then settled up with the local "meat" people. All I know is, it's all in the deep freezer in the garage nestled in with the various cuts of beef. Presently, I have more sausage in the freezer than I've eaten in all my 39 years combined...do you have a good breakfast casserole recipe that calls for sausage? I'll take it!
Did I mention that Tim's friend, Ken, is a veterinarian? We actually helped him perform a c-section on a dog back in May. (Yes, me, the one who faints at the sight of blood!) I hope to get the pictures emailed over from the office soon...it certainly was a fun and unexpected adventure!

3 comments:

keeper said...

Yeah! That is three more that showed up than took the books! (I tried to find the books at the local library! Hump. Not there. Priorities!)

'Fresh meat' just is so much cleaner than when you buy it at the grocery store. It makes cooking better too! Sausage on homemade pizza .... hmm, I remember an old home ec recipe for a breakfast casserole. Wonder if I still have it...

Debbra Ward said...

Glad to hear things went well with your group Jen!!!!

Debbra Ward said...

P.S. Also glad to see, i somehow figured out how to post a comment. Not sure how i did it but i did it. LOL