I am beginning a new "adventure" tomorrow and would appreciate your prayers! I have been wanting to lead a small group for high school girls for some time now and had been praying that God would provide a book of study for it. Well, as always, He answered my prayers! Many of you may be familiar with the book by Nancy Leigh DeMoss titled "Lies Women Believe". I highly recommend it and any of her books and resources. (www.reviveourhearts.com) Last spring, a new book became available that she co-wrote with Dannah Gresh titled "Lies Young Women Believe". It is a terrific book and I also highly recommend it for any young girls in your life. (I'd say maybe ages 11 or 12 and older.)
There are currently 8 girls who have taken a book and are planning to be there tomorrow afternoon. My prayer is that they WILL come tomorrow and will commit to continuing this book. It "hits every nail on the head" and I truly believe, as the subtitle of the book states, that the Truth will set them free from those lies. This current generation of teens is bombarded with so many false messages every day that it's no wonder so many of our young people are confused, depressed, angry and clinging to anything they think might make them feel better...even if only for a little while.
Some of you know that my comfort zone is NOT with the teens...please, put me with a large group of 6, 7, 8 or even 9 year olds...but NOT with the high schoolers! (I bet I'll get blotchy!!) Anyway, I have submitted to doing what I feel led to do and I know God will do His work in spite of my weaknesses. I'm living proof of that! :) We will be meeting on Sundays from 3:30 to 5pm. Thank you in advance for your prayers and I'm sure from time to time I will be sharing more about this new adventure!
www.reviveourhearts.com
1 comment:
Dear Jen,
I have been having motherly thoughts like what I would teach my kids if I had some. Reading a chapter of Proverbs according to the day has been poking me to the lies the world has been telling me.
One especially in the first several chapters where it talks about the harlot in female terms. Sure, I understand that but I have been reading it in the male voice. Girls need to realize in this day age there are men who are harlots and out to prey on women...
What you take on is priceless! A hymn that comforts me is 'God will take care of you.'
Just ask questions. It makes them do all the thinking! Plus, they have a lot of knowledge they don't know what to do with and it makes them exercise it in safely in the believer's circle.
I have been praying for this class (-teacher too) and will continue too. With God you go girl! -blotches and all!
Post a Comment