Psalm 121:1-2

"I lift my eyes up to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2



Friday, February 04, 2011

Taco Chili

Perhaps only a handful of people know this about me, but...for many years, like about 20 or so...I had serious issues with chili.  Yes...chili.  It all has to do with the unfortunate experience I had my sophomore year of high school in gym class.  (Just the words, "gym class" cause me to shudder.)  Anyway, it all had to do with the nine week quarter we spent learning to square dance...in gym class.  We were randomly assigned partners and my partner, well...he smelled like chili.  In a strong, strong way.  That's really all there is to say, unless you'd like to hear the entire story which I'd be glad to share with you...my parents and I still have laughs over it today! (Although, at the time, it was NOT funny...at all!)
The good news is, that, I've overcome my issues and am able to enjoy a bowl of chili from time to time!  I've even made chili in my own crock pot a few times.  There is a recipe called Taco Soup that I learned from my sister-in-law and I have tweaked it to work for our family.  Actually, it really only works for me and Tim.  The girls just can't get into it...I hope my issues aren't hereditary! :)  I have titled it Taco Chili and I think it would be great particularly for those of you currently surrounded by snow. 

Taco Chili

1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
1 large can Tomato soup
1 can Chili beans
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 packet Taco seasoning
1/2 to 1 whole bag of frozen corn
chopped onion

Combine all ingredients in a large pot.  Heat through.  You could certainly sprinkle shredded cheese on top or a dollop of sour cream...but we don't.  Oddly enough, I have issues with both of those foods.  (I see a pattern forming here. Yikes!)
We usually have cornbread or biscuits with ours.  Enjoy!

No comments: