Psalm 121:1-2

"I lift my eyes up to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2



Thursday, January 06, 2011

It really is worth it!

Okay...I never thought I would do this but I couldn't resist showing what I was able to buy at Publix. I bought;
2 boxes of Special K cereal
2 boxes of Keebler crackers
2 jars of Peter Pan peanut butter
2 bottles of Motts Medleys juice
10 Tangerines
3 canisters of biscuits
4 pkgs. of Pepperidge Farms Deli-flats and
2 canisters of Clorox wipes

If I had paid full price it would have cost me $51, but with sales and coupons, I paid $14!
The "buy one, get one" deals were available on most items, so I bought 2 and used coupons for both items. I also had other coupons from the paper or internet and Publix had a few available too.
NOW...I must say...that I used to get discouraged when I saw how much other people were saving on groceries, etc. because I couldn't seem to make it happen myself. I have NOT posted this here to DIScourage, but to ENcourage you! If I can do it...so can you! Even just grabbing one or two deals a week or every other week can really help cut down on that total bill! It does take some time and planning, but as with most things in life, the more you do it...the better you get! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's terrific!! You are really working those coupons! Did you feel that an alarm might sound as you left the store? :)