Psalm 121:1-2

"I lift my eyes up to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2



Saturday, June 12, 2010

Greetings from The Sunshine State!

We arrived here in Florida on Monday night and have been getting settled in here at the house. We are only a few miles from the Gulf which we've taken advantage of several times already. There are some good playgrounds and nature trails that we've been checking out too. As I've mentioned to a few of you, I think I've done more sweating since Monday than I did all of last summer! Phew!!

Our plan is to be here until Tim finds new permanent work. We're open to going anywhere...
Presently, there are a few job possibilities. I find it's easier for me to wait until we may be headed in a definite direction before I give details. This is purely selfish of me...it's just that the whole process of job searching is a bit of a roller coaster ride and I try to stay off as much as possible! :) Please know that this does NOT mean I mind if you ask questions...I just might not have answers.

I am completely trusting God with the plans he has for us. When Tim's position at the church in Beloit came to such an abrupt halt...I slowly began to realize that I don't think we will ever be that family with the 2.5 children, a dog and a white picket fence. I don't think I've ever aimed for that but I'm certain I was aiming for "normal". And there's nothing normal about living in a rental home 1000 miles from what was home, having all of our possessions in storage in Illinois near my sister and being unemployed. (You know I'm right!) :) BUT, I strive to be content because this situation causes me to trust in God and his wisdom, not the wisdom of the world. (Some days I do better than others!) I guess it's okay that we're not normal anyways...although I love picket fences...I've never been much of a dog lover!

1 comment:

keeper said...

{sighs} Our lives, our plans, our dreams are just not our own. This journey we are on is more and more about leaning on His Almighty Arm or Hand while being blindfolded. So often it feels like we will never see or understand.... the dreams lie broken at our feet... YET there is sooooo much JOY, Peace, & Calm when He is our Great Shepherd & Guide. A wildly interesting paradox. Just plain crazy. As I pack on the days, I come back to 'talking back' His Word - sometimes on the top of my lungs and sometimes it is a whimpering silent cry in the dark places of my heart.... (funny that I was taught not to talk back but now I believe it is the only way {wicked grin} It only works with Scripture tho!)

I've been talking back Scripture for you in my prayers. I know this is tough.... I know you know all the 'stuff' ... but oh our hearts just weep ... we are girls! We love our roots ....our white picket fences ... our gardens ... (instead of dogs! except mine are the cream of the crop! LOL) Love the old stuff because it is comfy... yet the new things are exciting & invigorating ... {cough cough} (how can that be when I hate change?)

I may not be able to hug you but you & fam are wrapped in prayer... a spiritual in the family type of hug!

Here is one of my favorite 'talk backs'-

"The Lord Himself goes before you
& will be w/ you;
He will never leave you nor forsake you.
Do not be afraid;
Do not be discouraged."
Deut 31:8