Psalm 121:1-2

"I lift my eyes up to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2



Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hmmmm...where to begin?


Are you getting as tired of hearing it as I am of thinking it? You know, that I really will try to stay consistent with this blog? Ugh! My apologies! Let's just say it's been awhile, again, and I really miss sitting down to write even when it's short or trivial or both. So! Even though I don't usually make resolutions at the beginning of a new year...I am resolving to TRY to write (blog) more!

I guess I'll begin with something touching that happened at Christmastime. Lily has begun collecting the Willow Tree figurines. Whenever we are anywhere near a store that sells them, we go in to look. Sometime last fall, I saw one that is of a mom hugging a child who is only about a head shorter than her. It reminded me of how Lily and I look when we hug although Lily is actually a bit taller than that. Anyway, I bought the figurine for Lily and wrapped it up for Christmas morning. It's entitled "Close to You". Imagine my surprise on Christmas morning when I opened a gift from Lily...the same exact figurine! :)

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Hello Clevers! What a great story...I love those figurines too. I admire your blogging. Frequently or not! xxoo C