Psalm 121:1-2

"I lift my eyes up to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2



Saturday, August 22, 2009


We had a great first week of school and I even managed to keep up with laundry and housework too! (That may be the last time I can boast that this school year!)
I had been concerned about Gracie making the adjustment of not watching any PBS or videos during the morning hours as she was used to being able to do that during the summer. She did ask several times throughout the week after her work was done if she could watch something, but the rule is no TV until afternoon time. She did a good job of occupying herself while I finished lessons with Lily. It was nearing time to make lunch one day and I knew she was in the backyard playing. We often call to her to make sure all is well when she's out there alone. She knows the routine and answers with a quick description of where she is at that moment. It had been awhile since I'd HEARD her playing though so I went out to see for myself. Sure enough, she had found a fun way to spend her time. The picture above explains. I looked at her and started to say something like..."Ohhhh, what a mess...", but before I could she looked up at me as if to say, "didn't I do a great job of occupying myself?" Hmmm, I couldn't argue with that!

No comments: