Psalm 121:1-2

"I lift my eyes up to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2



Saturday, July 11, 2009

June 2009

June is a bit of a blur...it went by so quickly! Early in the month, my parents came out to stay with the girls while Tim and I took a group of high schoolers to North Carolina. We had a wonderful time...none of the kids had ever been to that part of the country. The favorite activity was swimming at the various waterfalls near our cabin. One had sliding rocks in it. The water literally takes your breath away but is quite refreshing! We returned on the 13th and on the 15th my parents and Lily hit the road for New Hampshire. This is the fourth year Lily has spent part of the summer with them. They always have a good time together!
On the last weekend of the month Tim and I took 17 Jr. High kids to a Youth Retreat in Hays, Kansas. There were about 450 kids and it was a lot of fun! (Other than severe sleep deprivation...:) ) We returned on the 28th and prepared to head to Illinois at the end of that week.

In between trips I've been keeping busy leading a high school girls and a jr. high girls summer small group. I've been enjoying both. Gracie and I went to the pool several times as the temp hovered at 100* for many days during June. I was able to catch up on some projects around the house and even painted a desk (garage sale find) to put on the landing upstairs. I must confess though, that Gracie and I did spend an afternoon here and there lounging on the couch watching movies, etc. We read lots of books and played games and just enjoyed being together.
Okay, since I said yesterday I didn't want to ramble too long...I'll go.
What's next? My birthday!

No comments: