Psalm 121:1-2

"I lift my eyes up to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2



Wednesday, May 20, 2009

On Monday afternoon, the girls and I went to WalMart for groceries, etc. We hadn't made it far when Gracie spotted a pink, Dora umbrella. She LOVES umbrellas! She had one awhile back but the release button broke, when the umbrella was down, which doesn't make it very fun to use. ANYWAY, she asked me if I thought we could buy it. We're sort of special occasion people...you know what I mean? I'm thinking, you just had a birthday and Christmas is a long way off...so "no"! Instead, I decided to try something new with Gracie and suggested that I'd buy it, but she'd have to earn the money at home doing chores in order to make the umbrella her own. She thought that was a great idea and along we went with our shopping.
The rest of our day was very full so I told her she could begin working the next morning.
Tuesday morning, almost immediately, she began to work. She cleaned in her room and then asked what was next. She did a few things in the kitchen and then I asked her to use the watering can and outside faucet to water all the potted flowers outside. There are about 8. After she finished, she came inside and asked what else she should do. Realizing that the morning was moving along, I suggested that she go to the kitchen and decide what to have for breakfast. Both of her arms dropped to her sides, her eyes widened and she exclaimed, "I can earn money by eating food?"

1 comment: