Psalm 121:1-2

"I lift my eyes up to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2



Thursday, April 30, 2009

Pure Freedom

Tomorrow night I will be having a new adventure...
Maybe you've heard of the book by Dannah Gresh called And The Bride Wore White? The subtitle is Seven Secrets to Sexual Purity. It is a great book and I highly recommend it for girls maybe 12 or 13 and older. Some of it parallels nicely with the SecretKeeper Series.
The author worked this material into a retreat type format, called Pure Freedom, so you can cover a lot of the book in a short amount of time. We are starting tomorrow night at 5pm and will finish Saturday morning at 9am. There are four of us who will be sharing the teaching times. The retreat starts by giving a great foundation of who created sex in the first place and the way it was originally intended to be. Imagine! God's behind this whole topic!! There are ten 7th and 8th grade girls registered. Each will receive her own copy of the book.
Please pray that I can keep all of my thoughts straight and share with the girls what they most need to hear. Most of them attend our Jr. High Youth Group.
I have laughed a few times this week thinking about how I know that any and all topics concerning sex could come up...and that I...the person who could barely utter the word breast aloud until I became a mom and started nursing...may need to answer them! It's okay, you can laugh too!
I'll let you know how the event goes, but it may not be until after a good, long nap on Saturday!

No comments: