Psalm 121:1-2

"I lift my eyes up to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2



Thursday, January 22, 2009

"Let's Catch Up!"

My deepest apologies! I know it's been a long time since I've blogged...thanks for checking back and for checking on me to be sure everything was okay in Kansas! I think I'll cover each person of the family to catch you up.

TIM
Tim is as casual and laidback as ever...but that's good. If it were any different we'd all be worried! :) He is busy making plans for late spring and summer for the youth. Things are going well for him at work. Exciting....last week we had the bedroom walls and two attic type spaces insulated! The guys came to spray the foam stuff so now we have several walls that look like they're covered with yellow Fluff. (Yes, Mutti, I said "Fluff"!) We're now waiting to get an estimate on the dry walling job. Tim continues to keep busy with other smaller projects around the house. He also keeps us entertained by singing hits from the 80's which is what he would sing if he were auditioning for American Idol!

Jennifer
I am, as you may have noticed, trying to keep the various plates of life spinning. I know you know what I mean and obviously, the blog plate, stopped spinning and actually shattered sometime last week. That's okay...I'm back and I'll try harder. I only have one more chapter in the book I've been doing with the high school girls. Thank you to those who have prayed along with us. I got some great feedback from the girls last week and they'd like to do another study!

Lily
Lily is good...busy with schoolwork, orchestra, piano and dance. Just yesterday she started a sewing class with a young mom from church. It's cool because this Mom has two little girls who Lily loves and she was homeschooled. (This is encouraging to me!) Anyway, Lily has set her sights on sewing her own wedding gown!

Gracie
Suddenly, Gracie is loving schoolwork and is doing a great job with it! She's quite artistic and as long as I don't think too long about the amount of tape, glue, glitter or paint she might be using...somewhere...in the house...we're okay. She loves this little dog she got for Christmas. It has a little carrying case and a leash and it goes all over the place with her. I have heard her, two times now, quietly praying (with her eyes closed and hands folded) that it would become a real dog! Too cute!!

We continue to have a mild winter and the sun has been shining every day!! We played outside yesterday and today...it was in the 50's!
I imagine by now you're thinking, please don't wait so long to write again...this was way too long! Thanks for listening anyway!
P.S. Gracie heard Lily mention that she'd like to make her own wedding gown...then looked at me and said, "doesn't she need to be a little older to get married?"

2 comments:

omi said...

Glad to hear that Lily is taking sewing lessons, remind her that if she plans on making Holloween outfits I will need to know ahead of time. I think I mentioned in an e-mail to you that there are various types of "fluff" and you go and find another one. So, Tim is singing, Gracie is talking to and walking her dog, Lily is sewing and you are just plain busy, sounds normal to me. Love you all

Colleen said...

Glad to hear all is well with the Clever gang. We love to catch up through modern technology!