Psalm 121:1-2

"I lift my eyes up to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2



Tuesday, January 06, 2009

"Just don't think about it..."

This afternoon, Lily was finishing up some schoolwork so I told Gracie I would read to her before she went upstairs for her "rest time". So , she suggested we get into the tent that the girls received from Katelyn and Jimmy Wiggins for Christmas. As we were getting settled in she mentioned something to me about how she is really growing up. I agreed, but told her I really wished she would stay five forever. I asked her if she would and she said, "no, I'll turn six." "Oh, okay," I said, "then after you turn six, would you stay six forever?" "No", she answered, "I'll turn seven and eight and nine and ten and..." at which point she noticed my sad, sad face and gently rubbed my cheek and said, "it's okay, Momma, just don't think about it okay?"

2 comments:

omi said...

Gracie, you are such a joy, you remind me of you Daddy when he was just a little boy - love you

Anonymous said...

Oh, how sweet Miss Gracie is! I have been asking Claira lately if she could stop growing and stay 3...doesn't seem that she likes that plan and rather will turn 4 next month! I'll just not think about it either. :)
Jennifer