Okay, last year I apparently bought a Gingerbread House kit that we never got around to making. So, not wanting to waste it, I packed it with the Christmas decorations and it was waiting for us this year when we pulled out our decorations. Yesterday, we had a chunk of time in the afternoon so we opened it up and began to decorate. I do not recommend using an old kit...let me explain. The gingerbread has no smell and the icing...smells...bad. Most of you probably know that part of the fun in making a gingerbread house is to sort of eat as you go along and even lick some frosting off your fingers. I forbid the girls to sample or lick the icing, not that they would have liked it...but you never know. Fortunately, I had bought some extra candy to have on hand so we ate that as we went along. Of course, with two decorators, we had to split the house so Lily had the left roof and front door and Gracie the right roof and back door. It was still fun, but even as I got close to it this morning to take a picture...the smell. EW! This is one that won't be tough to toss out after the holiday is over!
Psalm 121:1-2
"I lift my eyes up to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Okay, last year I apparently bought a Gingerbread House kit that we never got around to making. So, not wanting to waste it, I packed it with the Christmas decorations and it was waiting for us this year when we pulled out our decorations. Yesterday, we had a chunk of time in the afternoon so we opened it up and began to decorate. I do not recommend using an old kit...let me explain. The gingerbread has no smell and the icing...smells...bad. Most of you probably know that part of the fun in making a gingerbread house is to sort of eat as you go along and even lick some frosting off your fingers. I forbid the girls to sample or lick the icing, not that they would have liked it...but you never know. Fortunately, I had bought some extra candy to have on hand so we ate that as we went along. Of course, with two decorators, we had to split the house so Lily had the left roof and front door and Gracie the right roof and back door. It was still fun, but even as I got close to it this morning to take a picture...the smell. EW! This is one that won't be tough to toss out after the holiday is over!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I couldn't help but to giggle at the thought of having such a fun looking ginger bread house for the holidays that stinks! Smart thinking to have extra candy on hand. The tree looks beautiful...you'll have to stop by my post to see our poor pitiful tree of love. :)
We received your Christmas card today. Thank you! I was going to send a card to you all, but Grace wanted to send one to Lily, I figured she'd share it with you all. :) This is the first year that Grace wanted to send out Christmas cards to her friends...I find it to be sweet.
Merry Christmas!
Jennifer
I love the gingerbread house, the girls do not seem to mind whatever odor there is, try Frebreeze it comes in cinnamon/apple scent and will smell like Christmas. Now that I know what FLUFF is I plan on making Lilys' Peppermint Christmas Pie, I will feel a little closer to you on the holiday. Love to all, Omi
Post a Comment