Today it is raining. I've come to love the sound of rain on our bedroom windows when my alarm goes off because it means that I don't have to get up and go for my brisk walk! (Yes...I could melt!) We need the rain and have had beautiful weather for the past several weeks so I accept.
The weather somehow matches the mood of our weekend and beginning to this week. Sometimes it seems that everything happens at once. Tim has had one "issue" after another with students and parents for the past few days, but has handled things very well. I can't give details, but it all has to do with being in ministry and having a job that involves people. It can wear you out! Sometimes, I want to pack up and become a hermit in a cave far away from reality...but there wouldn't be electricity and then I couldn't blog...and...OK, back to reality. Working with people, as many of you know, can be exhausting. Sometimes they're selfish, rude, and thoughtless. Sometimes they talk without thinking things through first and sometimes they talk to everyone else except for the person they have a problem with. All of these things greatly irritate me and they make me want to avoid contact with others. And then, I look in the mirror and see me...and I am guilty of doing all of those things and more. I then remember that I have been forgiven many times by friends and loved ones for doing the same things that I hate to experience. More importantly, I've been forgiven by the One who paid the price for all my junk before I even asked Him! That is the reason we continue on. It's the reason you keep pressing on with whatever you have been given to do...we're not doing it for ourselves anyway. God has a plan and will be faithful to complete it.
There is a song entitled "Before The Throne of God". Some of you may be familiar with it. It is powerful and to listen to the words with music would be ideal, but I'm still new at all this computer hi-tech stuff, so I'll just type out the second verse for you. Have a great day...even if it's rainy!
When Satan tempts me to despair
And tells me of the guilt within
Upward I look and see Him there
Who made an end to all my sin.
Because the sinless Savior died
My sinful soul is counted free
For God the just is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me
To look on Him and pardon me.
No comments:
Post a Comment