I just returned from helping Tim with Jr. High youth group...always an adventure! Let's just say, most of them are over-achievers at acting their age. I must admit though, that even though they can drive us crazy, I look forward to going on Wednesday nights. They are something else...did any of us actually act that way once? Not me....: )
Tomorrow, the girls and I will be delivering Meals on Wheels here in town. We've done this many times since moving here. I think everyone in town has delivered meals at least once. Anyway, it always proves to be interesting. There are some homes that I let Lily deliver to on her own. Those are usually the little old ladies that are just thrilled to see a youngster. Some of the really old ones are thrilled with Gracie and don't mind that she points out their old age and that they're "so old, they can't even get their own lunch ready!" (she says this like it's a great thing not to be rude!) She did request one time that she get a turn in one woman's wheelchair, but I was able to scoot her out the door before the conversation went any farther. There are a few homes that I go to without the girls. These are the homes where the pets took over long ago and the house will never be the same. I have, on occasion, attempted to enter a house, announce "Meals on Wheels", smile, take the food to the table where the napkin and silverware have been set out, visit for a moment and say good-bye, all without taking a breath!! Phew!! There is one lady we affectionately call "The Cat Lady". You don't have to enter the house to know there are far too many cats inside! But, this little woman is so cute and is always outside waiting for her lunch (thank goodness!) and Lily and I are pretty sure she uses at least two packages of bobby pins in her hair everyday. And, her hair is always wet! Too funny! I wonder what tomorrow will bring?!
No comments:
Post a Comment